Federal President’s benefit concert
Works by Mozart, Gershwin and Bernstein
The Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen, conducted by Steven Sloane and with pianist Fazıl Say, will perform a benefit concert in the ›Glocke‹ in Bremen in the presence of Germany’s Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier. The concert series is traditionally held in each of the federal states in turn. Now it’s Bremen’s turn for the second time.
The good cause to benefit from the concert is determined equally by the Federal President and for Bremen by the President of the Senate of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen. Federal President Steinmeier is supporting the Bremen association ›Erinnern für die Zukunft e. V.‹ (›Remembering for the Future‹), an association that addresses the history and consequences of the Nazi era. The donation is intended specifically to support the ›think place‹ ›Denkort Bunker Valentin‹ with the organization and implementation of educational activities. The state of Bremen is dedicating its half of the concert proceeds to the Haifa Arts Foundation, which has been in existence for over 40 years. The joint foundation between Bremen, Haifa and Israel among other things promotes young talents and enables disadvantaged children and young people from the Israeli port city, regardless of their religion, to participate in cultural life.
Following the concert, the Federal President and the President of the Senate of the Free and Hanseatic City of Bremen cordially invite you to attend a reception. Please observe the security precautions.
- Admission is granted from 6 p.m.
- Please take your seat by 7.45 p.m.
- Please allow sufficient time to pass through the security checks.
- Your ticket and a valid ID card or passport are required for admission.
- Please do not bring larger items of luggage, backpacks or large bags with you.
Information about photography
- Audio and video recordings will be made of the concert and photographs taken on which you or your children may appear. By participating, you agree to their production and utilization for the purposes of public relations work by the German Federal President and the Senate Chancellery of the State of Bremen (e.g. website, facebook). You may revoke your consent at any time by notifying the Office of the Federal President and the Senate Chancellery of the State of Bremen and request information regarding the utilization of these recordings/photographs.
- You are not permitted to make audio or video recordings or take photographs at the concert.